Wednesday, July 23, 2008

37 Days til Kickoff!

Well there is 37 days til kickoff...but not technically. Im one day off but i will begin the festivity of drinking beer and bbqin a day early. I am pumped. Each day i watch something ducks i get more estatic for the day. I always begin counting down at the 4th of July. It has been a tradition i started about 2 years ago. The gameday videos on youtube are what get me the most. Remembering going to the Cal gameday alone at 3 a.m.(thanks to a certain bail by my buddy) and memories of going to bed at midnight only to wake up 2 hrs later to go to the asu gameday. Then tailgating til kickoff with them after was a blast too. I remember going to a reunion up in portland right after the game and not falling asleep until 3 the next night. Yes as miserable and shitty i felt the following day, it was an amazing year. I remember listening to the stanford game and getting so pissed off i actually went to a bar to watch it with 500 other duck fans cause it was the only place that picked up the game. I couldnt stand listening to it on the radio because of the heart burn i was getting. And i'll never forget the fateful night in which beloved Dennis Dixon went down. Me and some roommates were sitting around eating burgers when i watched him get his knee owned. I texted my father and the text said: no heisman, no championship, no bcs. I knew what he meant to the team. The osu game was fun, but would have been better with a better outcome. I went with one of my best friends and had a blast. One of my favorite memories is during halftime im a little cold and one of the people who has season tickets hits me in my stomach. I look down and its a flask. He says: "son your lookin a little cold." With this said i am excited for what the future has in stored with memories and friends. I'll see you out there.

No comments: