Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Reliving Last Season: Oregon Vs Houston

This game was not too anticipated except by duck fans. We finally got to see our new offense under newly hired Chip Kelly. Going into the game expectations were high, yet fans were still concerned with Dennis Dixon after his meltdown the previous season. Houston had a tailback in Aldridge who was shifty and could break one off at any given moment. I drove down that morning to take one of my best friends to his first duck game before the start of school. When we got to the game my friend who we have season tickets with gave us 2 seats to try out that he was given. Row 30, section 5. We were immediately even more excited as we were close to the action of the field. Then it happened, the cougar started egging on the duck. Finally, it happened. The duck started laying in quite the ass whooping into the cougar causing the duck nation to go wild. Everyone was on their feet and you could of swore that the ducks had just scored a touchdown. But soon after something happened that I looked at my friend and told him would change Dennis Dixon as a Quarterback. He broke an 83 yard touchdown run that I immediately understood to transform him from an average college quarterback to one that would strike fear in defense's as an elite qb. The run was almost magical. I recall him almost running one identical against ucla the year before, but was stopped after 30 yards, this one was different. His desire and speed kicked in when a safety with an angle had him and he turned on the afterburners. No one laid a finger on him. I was excited because I knew this season would be "a season of ducktales." This was our year. Michigan had just been upset and I knew we would be able to show the country, what this squad was made of. I can in all honesty say I knew Oregon would be good, and I can say even more proudly I knew Dixon was going to be the man last year. After the game my friend, my cousin, and another friend whom I grew up with went for some victory pizza at legendary peggasus. We later on basked in the night of smoking stogies recalling the victory we had. It was a great day to be a DUCK.

1 comment:

Benny Strength said...

That was a great game, a close one, but a great one, haha. not.

Watching Dixon go from zero to hero in the matter of 14 seconds (the 80+yd run) was something I don't anticipate myself forgetting anytime soon.

Great day. Great game. Good times galore :)