Saturday, August 9, 2008

Good Morning

"It has not yet dawned on the duck nation, to be a duck is to feel unappreciated, to fly under the radar of the california teams, to live in the shadow the USC's and Cal's."- Chris Fowler
My question is do we really live in a shadow?? Sure we dont get as much media attention as some SEC teams and Ohio State but still, for an up and coming program who is not elite, yet, we sure do get national attention. Last year we were 3 games away from becoming and "elite" team. Now my other question is what is an elite team? I would say USC, THE OHIO STATE,FLORIDA,LSU,MICHIGAN,MIAMI,TEXAS,OKLAHOMA, and PENN STATE. When I think of elite teams I think of teams that year in, and year out are always looking at national title implications. I think that Michigan, Miami, and Penn State were elite, but not sure if they will be in 5 years. But in my honest opinion those 3 schools will return to greatness...shortly. I think you then have 4 star programs, or a notch below the elite. These teams would be: Virginia Tech, Clemson, Oregon, Mizzou, Florida State, Wisconsin, Cal, ASU, Texas Tech, South Carolina, and West Virginia. They are teams that year in and year out that have a chance to be special, but sometimes dont fulfill it. Im not sure where I would place West Virginia. They have been good the last 4 years but have still failed to reach a BCS championship. They choked bad last year and we'll have to see how they do this year. After that, its fair game. All the other teams are sort of on an equal level. The beavers I would say may be above the teams they are catagorized with, but have yet to get high in the polls or shine on a national spotlight. BUT they have beaten a top 3 team the last 2 years, will they make it 3 this year? We'll see. Anyways its too early to have any news on the ducks. So I will keep you updated throughout the day. GO DUCKS and Huck The Fuskies im out

1 comment:

Benny Strength said...

Great Fowler qoute.

Even if Fowler is a bit of a shmuck.

lol.

This blog is a bit anti-duck in parts. but. then again. its realistic in parts. so. i guess it'll fly. get it ducks fly?

wow.